Japan coast
Narita airport in Japan
Well we finally landed at the “Narita” airport in Japan last night at 4:15 in the afternoon which made it about 11:00 p.m. Thursday night in Seattle…Wow! The 10th was my birthday which I spent on the plane. I feel short changed somehow there…the next thing I knew it was the 11th!! It was a 12 hour flight but it wasn’t too bad we all had our own T.V. screens with games and movies etc… I watched, I think about 4 movies. It really made the time fly. We then got on a 2 hour bus ride from the airport to our hotel. We passed Tokyo Disneyland. It’s February 11th which is a holiday in Japan “National Foundation Day” a guy on the bus told us it’s kind of like the 4th of July. Our hotel is really nice. Everything is so clean and neat. The people are so polite and wonderful. Erik came with us. He works for Hitachi in Seattle. Mike is his client.
Century Hyatt Tokyo
We checked into our hotel and then walked around for awhile. It really blows your mind how many people are here and how many signs and lights there are that you can’t read! We finally went to bed about 9:30 Tokyo time. We were tired! We slept in this morning until about 9 a.m. I kept waking up every few hours after about 6 a.m. but went back to sleep trying to get onto the time here.
Century Hyatt Tokyo our hotel
Hotel lobby
Hyatt lobby
Tokyo Hyatt
Japanese money and our Hotel key
Tokyo from the 20th floor of the Hyatt
Maybach at the Hyatt
Buildings in Tokyo next to our Hotel
Cool office building next to our Hotel in Tokyo
Tokyo from goverment building
February 12 Saturday. We went downstairs to eat breakfast, Milk, water and really yummy fancy breakfast rolls. We then walked over to the Tokyo Metropolitan government building to the 45th floor observation deck. Wow I’ve never seen such a dense city in all my life. Not a bit of green for as far as your eye could see. Oh sorry except one park near our hotel. Just dense concrete everywhere you looked. It’s such a huge city it’s hard to understand it till you see it. It’s crazy.
Tokyo from 45th floor of goverment building
We saw “Mt. Fuji.” Japan has 7 volcanic zones one is “Mt. Fuji” and lies on a complex system of four tectonic plates including the pacific and Eurasian plates, resulting in frequent earthquakes. Oh great! Japan is arc-shaped about 1,860 miles in length, located to the east of the Asian Continent. I saw a map in one of the tour guides it really blew my mind when I see that we are on another continent!! When we were on the plane it was way cool to look out over Alaska. We also flew over Russia which was a cool feeling but all we could see were clouds.
Tokyo from Goverment building. Mt Fuji in the background.
Rainbow Bridge in Tokyo Harbor
We took the subway then the monorail and went across the “Rainbow Bridge” to the “Palette Town Mall.”
Tokyo Harbor and the Rainbow Bridge
We walked around the mall for a bit. It’s funny across from the mall is a small statue of the “Statue of Liberty” with the “Rainbow Bridge” in the background. It’s pretty big just not as big as the real thing. We went on the giant “Ferris Wheel” what a great view that gave us. The seats were heated! Speaking of heated seats, a lot of the public restrooms have heated toilet seats too! Sweet! We also walked up to the “Fuji T.V. headquarters.” “Hello Kitty” stuff everywhere!
Heated toliet seats in the Palette Town Mall
Palette Town Mall near Tokyo Harbor
Michael near Palette Town Mall near Tokyo Harbor
Tokyo Ferris Wheel
Tokyo Ferris Wheel
Tokyo Ferris Wheel
Tokyo Ferris Wheel
Tokyo
Tokyo
Tokyo
Tokyo
Tokyo
Tokyo
Tokyo
Tokyo
Odaiba Mall where we ate
We ate at another mall at a place called “Cabara-Hetta” Mike and I had pasta and shrimp. (Ebi…that’s Japanese for shrimp.) Erik had something else he said he had no idea what it was but he liked it, the waiter recommended it. The mall was really cool it had a huge water fountain and the ceilings were painted like the sky with clouds. It reminded me a lot of the “Pirates of the Caribbean” at Disneyland.
Odaiba Mall
Odaiba Mall
Tokyo car show
We walked over to the car show they were having. I have never seen so many tiny cars in my life; they were kind of cute though.
Car show in Tokyo
Lamborghini Showroom
Lamborghini
Car show in Tokyo
Car show in Tokyo
Shibuya
We took the monorail again over to “Shibuya” its like “Times Square” In New York. Funny I thought nothing was more spectacular then New York but this place really is unbelievable. The one 5 point intersection you cross when the light is green. It then becomes a free for all in every direction and angle possible. When the light turns again it’s the cars turn. It’s amazing to see. We were really awe struck with the whole thing! There are a ton of shops, lights, and billboards everywhere. It really makes New York look sleepy! What a thick dense population it’s unbelievable and really cool to witness. I have never seen such a polite and classy people. It’s very humbling to have someone bow to you. It really gave me a new insight into the Japanese people I had never had before this is great for me. The women dress so nice and classy—Americans could take a lesson or two on that one. It’s such a clean and orderly place. I love it! Anyway back to the intersection in “Shibuya” more people cross that intersection in one day then anywhere else in the world! I BELIEVE That!
Shibuya
Shibuya
Shibuya
Shibuya
Shibuya
Shibuya
Shibuya
Shibuya
Shibuya
Shibuya
Shibuya
Shibuya
Shibuya
Shibuya
Shibuya
Shibuya
Shibuya
Shibuya
Shibuya
Shibuya
Shibuya
Statue of Faithful dog "Hachiko" in Shibuya Station
We had to of course go touch the bronze statue of “Hachiko the dog” in front of “Shibuya station” it’s said if you touch him he will bring you good luck.
Dinner in Shibuya
We ate dinner at a very authentic Japanese restaurant. Well raw fish is NOT my thing but Mike and Erik loved it. I had rice and tempura. Tempura is a vegetable and seafood in a batter of flour and egg and deep fried. Mine was shrimp it was pretty good. I needless to say did not eat the soup it was very fishy tasting and had a fatty raw looking part of a fish in it. Sorry yuck! Mike ate that! We walked around a little after dinner then headed back to our hotel. We got a lot of things done today that we wanted to see.
Dinner in Shibuya
Dinner in Shibuya
Monkey in Kimono
We started out with breakfast again same thing in the hotel. We headed out to “Asakusa” to see the “Sensoji Temple” and shopping area there. Last night we were freezing, it’s beautiful out during the day but when the sun goes down it’s cold and windy like Chicago! When we first got off the subway we saw a woman with a monkey (he didn’t look real) for $1 you can take a picture of him. He took the coin from me and then bowed. Oh my gosh it was the cutest thing ever! I wish we could have got a picture of that.
Kaminarimon Gate
Our 1st stop was the “Kaminarimon Gate” The gate is bright red and has a 220 pound lantern hanging in the middle. The statues inside the gate are of the God of wind and the God of thunder ready to protect the deity enshrined in the temple. The God of thunder is particularly fearsome. The street from one gate to the other that leads to the temple is lined with shops where vendors have sold their wares there since the 17th century. We bought Kai a little Kimono here! It’s so cute he will look like a little Ninja. There’s also a pagoda it’s a remake (1970) of the one that was there from the 17th century. During WWII we bombed the area to the ground. All of Tokyo was a fireball. We ended up rebuilding it for them after the war I guess all the buildings were made from wood. Yikes—nice fireball target. It’s really sad what war destroys. It was strange being there knowing that about 60 years ago we flew over and destroyed this very area where we were standing! It was kind of an eerie feeling.
Kaminarimon Gate
Asakusa Pagota
Kaminarimon Gate
Asakusa Pagota
Insense burner in front of Temple
Just before you get to the temple there is a huge Incense Burner. This is where worshippers “Wash” themselves to ward off or help cure illness. It was very interesting to see a lot of the older Japanese people who still believed this.
Asakusa Insense burner
Asakusa Insense burner (See Michael and Erik)
Asakusa Insense burner
Asakusa Holy water
Kaminarimon Gate & Pagota
At the far end is the other gate which is the only structure on the temple grounds from the Edo period remaining including the temple and the pagoda it was all destroyed in the air raid of 1945. (Edo is what Tokyo used to be called or the old Tokyo.) It was strange I could picture movies of WWII, gray skies flying over and bombing everything in sight.
Kaminarimon gate
Sensoji Temple grounds
You then come to the “Sensoji Temple” its Tokyo’s oldest temple founded in the 7th century. It is dedicated to Kannon, the Buddhist Goddess of Mercy. According to legend the temple was founded by two fishermen who pulled a golden statue of Kannon from the sea. The sacred statue is still housed in the temple, carefully preserved inside three boxes; even though it’s never on display, people still flock back to pay their respects.
Sensoji Temple worshipers
Ceiling in Sensoji Temple
Sensoji Temple worshipers
Sensoji Temple Alter
Inside the Sensoji Temple
Asakusa
Asakusa Pagota
Asakusa
Asakusa
Asakusa fortunes
Within the temple is a counter where you can buy your fortune by putting a 100-Yen coin ($1.00) into a wooden box and shaking it until a long bamboo stick emerges from a small hole. The stick will have a Japanese number on it, which corresponds to one of the numbers on a set of drawers. Take the fortune, written in both Japanese and English, from the drawer that has your number. Don’t expect the translation to be clear—it could be something like “Getting a beautiful lady at your home.” Or “Stop to start a trip.”??? If you can’t figure it out or you just don’t like what it means you tie it to one of the wires just for that purpose right behind you.
Asakusa
Asakusa
Asakusa
"Rick Shaw" in Asakusa
On the west side of the temple area is a popular area for Tokyo’s older working class. What a different world that was! Some of Japan’s old-fashioned pleasure houses remain so called “love hotels” needless to say it was old old Japan not a tourist area at all.
Asakusa
Over by the temple grounds we saw another monkey with his trainer. He was doing all kinds of tricks. He was so cute.
Asakusa
Asakusa
Asakusa graveyard
Asakusa graveyard
Asakusa
Asakusa
Asakusa
Michael and I in Asakusa
Outside Asakusa Temple
Michael and Erik in Asakusa
Overlooking Asakusa Japan
Overlooking Asakusa Japan
We ate lunch in the “Asahi Brewer’s building” at a place called “Alaska” Mike and I had a pasta and shrimp meal again. It was very light but good, we had a great view overlooking “Asakusa” and other places I’m sure.
Tokyo subway map
We got back onto the subway (That’s a chore in itself figuring out how to buy a ticket and which subway line to take where? I’m glad Mike figured it out. He is sooo good at the tourist thing he even remembers phases in Japanese to speak to people. I was impressed anyway!) We got onto the “Hiroo” line and took it all the way to the end. There was a guy from Canada who spoke English. He also spoke Japanese. He has lived here now for eight years. His job is relocating people to Japan. He was just the person to run into. Not too many people could tell you where the LDS Temple was. He said when you get off the subway you will see it right away it’s the tallest building around. Sure enough when we climbed the stairs out of the subway there was Moroni! It was great we found it. We also found an English speaking ward right next to the temple. We were really bummed that we didn’t have any church clothes with us. The temple is really packed into the area it’s in though.
Tokyo subway station
Subway station
Subway station
Subway station
Subway station
Subway station
Subway station
Subway station
Subway station
Subway
Subway
Subway
Little Japanese boy on the subway
Church office building
Tokyo Mormon Temple
Tokyo Mormon Temple
Tokyo Mormon Temple
Tokyo Mormon Temple
Tokyo Mormon Temple
Ginza
Ginza
Our last night here we will be staying in “Ginza” so we decided since it was on the way back to the hotel we would check it out. Now that’s some nice expensive shopping like; Michigan Avenue in Chicago or Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills.
Ginza
Ginza
Ginza
"Harry Winston's" in Ginza
We saw stores like “Harry Winston” you can only get in with an appointment it supplies jewelry for the academy awards. We also saw “De Beers” it’s the largest diamond mining company worldwide. With over 40% of global gem diamonds produced from mines in South Africa. Mike said he didn’t even know they did retail. I didn’t even know who they were??? There was a diamond necklace that was $124,000!
Ginza
We saw some pretty nice cars too. Anyway in short a very nice shopping area. On the weekend the street is closed between certain times for all the people. It was funny to see tables and chairs in the middle of a 4 lane street! We were there at about 5 p.m. when they opened it up for cars again! We ate dinner there It was very good but I don’t think Mike and Erik liked it as much as I did. They are still craving raw stuff. They did like the salad and dessert which was really great. We walked, and walked, and walked. I think my body is finally sore now! We got back to the hotel and slept great!
Dinner in Tokyo
Dinner in Tokyo
Microsoft Tokyo
Microsoft office in Tokyo
Microsoft office in Tokyo
Times square mall near Microsoft office in Tokyo
February 14th Valentine's Day: Michael and I got each other cards and this trip to Japan! It’s different here in Japan on the 14th the women give chocolate to the men then sometime I think a few days later or in March I can’t remember it switches around again and the men buy for the women. Mike asked me where his chocolate was. I told him there was a snickers bar in the hotel room fridge ha! Today is Monday and the first day Michael and Erik have to be at work. They left at about 9 a.m. till 6 p.m. he called and wanted to know if I wanted to go to dinner with them. I said. “I already ate McDonald’s so go for the raw stuff! I must admit McDonald’s was gross too! Earlier I walked over to “Shinjuku Station” (Subway station) they have a lot of shops and I walked around for a while. I also walked over to another shopping and eating area. I did find a post office to mail Ryan a letter. My feet were still so sore from walking so much the last two days that I decided to go back to the hotel. Ok so it is now my second day on my own. Mike told me there was a really nice huge mall right next to the building they were in. Plus there were a ton of places to eat. He said, “If you want to walk with Erik and me in the morning I can show you where it is.” So we ate at the hotel then walked over to the Microsoft office. I was going to meet Mike back at 7 and go to dinner with them. I walked over to the Mall which is called… “Tmes Square” It goes up 14 floors. Needless to say I took my time shopping and looking around. I ate lunch on the 13th floor (a great view) I managed to order and pay for the lunch with out to many problems which I was glad about. Shopping is another story. Whenever I stopped to look at something they would start to carry on a conversation with me and I had to let them know I had NO idea what they were saying!
Heading out to the laundry mat
I needed to do some laundry and at the hotel one t-shirt is about $5. So since I had not a lot to do I ventured out again in search of a laundry mat this time. The hotel had given me directions; which was about a 7 minute walk. I loaded up my rolling suitcase (it’s a small one) and went off. Well the map was half English and half Japanese. I was supposed to turn left at a gas station but never saw one gas station or anything that remotely looked like one might look like in Japan. I tried asking several people but they had no clue what I was talking about. HELLO I had the map in my hand.
Is it this way???
I was talking to a girl who really didn’t understand when a Japanese man walked up who asked in broken English if he could help! YEA! A little old Japanese lady walked over too and they spoke then he said do you care which laundry you go to? I said no.
Still looking for the laundry mat
So I followed the little old Japanese lady. (She was tiny and walked bent over) Down the street, up a tiny street, up a hill around a corner, and up another hill. I thought to myself where in the heck is she taking me
It's up there somewhere!
Sure enough there was a tiny little laundry mat in the middle of Tokyo who knew!
Laundry mat finally!
I read my book and did the laundry. Several people came in and were very nice. Man even doing laundry in Japan is a challenge nothing is in English!!! Of course I had to go back down the hill, around the corner, and down another street to get change then go back. On the way back I saw the little old lady again and she bowed to me I really bowed to her and meant it I was glad she helped me. I was happy to finally get it done and actually find my way back pretty easy! It was actually about four blocks from the hotel anyway just up a San Francisco type street! I got back to the hotel got an iron and ironed all the clothes that needed it. Drank a coke and then headed back to Mikes work to meet them for dinner. It was about a 15 minute walk that I did in about 10. I’m such a pro now around here. NOT. I just paid attention this morning because I DIDN’T WANT TO GET LOST IN THIS CITY! We went to the same mall and ate dinner. Mike had to be at work all day today and then they went out to dinner with the whole group so it was my third day on my own. I really don’t mind though because I get to kind of check things out on my own. I was up last night until 3 a.m. Tokyo time. I was sending pictures to everyone via email and catching up writing in my journal since the only time I have a computer is when Mike is here. He obviously needs it at work. I knew I didn’t have to get up early because I had nothing really pressing to do, just whatever!! About 3 a.m. just before I was ready to sign off my sister Barb got online it was 10 a.m. Tuesday morning there in Idaho. We chatted online for awhile. We were both realizing how amazing technology was now since we were talking a continent away and we were in a totally different time zone and I was a day ahead of her!!
Sushi dinner
Sushi dinner
Katrina in Shibuya
I finally went to bed but about an hour or so later at 4:46 a.m. Mike woke me up and said… “We’re having an earthquake!” Nice way to wake up it was so scary while it was happening since we were in a high rise hotel. I’m sure it didn’t last as long as the building kept swaying!! Lucky for us Japan has a lot of earthquakes and there buildings are on some type of infra structures underneath the building so they don’t tumble down and they give way. The buildings are brick. Technology is amazing again. Some of the buildings are on rollers too. That’s why the building kept going after the quake stopped but it was still a pretty scary feeling. My heart was pounding! After the fact it was kind of a cool thing as a tourist to say we even got to experience an earthquake in Japan! Yikes that’s sick isn’t it! MSN World News:Quake jolts Japanese capital. Temblor measures 5.4; no damage reported.The Associated Press TOKYO - An earthquake centered north of Tokyo rattled the Japanese capital early Wednesday, jarring buildings throughout the region. There was no threat of tsunami, officials said, and there were no immediate reports of injuries or damage. Well today was the last day I had alone, which I’m glad for. Actually it wasn’t bad it was kind of fun exploring on my own. I pretty much did the same thing. I slept in because I could which was really nice. I walked over just for old time’s sake and did one last load of laundry. I then walked back over to Microsoft and the “Times Square” mall again. I bought a few gifts to take home and ate lunch at the same place I did the other day because it was pretty good. Mike got back to the hotel at about 6 p.m. and asked if I wanted to go to dinner with them. (Erik and Katrina she works at Microsoft with Mike) I said I had already eaten but he wanted me to go with them anyway. I told them ok go for the raw stuff.They had “Sushi.” I must admit it does look pretty on the dish. I tried some of Mikes the Sushi roll. It was a tiny piece of raw tuna and rice wrapped in seaweed. It wasn’t bad at all but that’s all that I wanted to eat. We took the train over to “Shibuya” again to show Katrina. She just flew in a few days ago and has been working everyday and hasn’t been able to see much. She flies out tomorrow. We then walked her back to her hotel then us to ours. We have to get up about 5 a.m. tomorrow to catch the bullet train into “Kyoto”
Bullet train to Kyoto
We got up early about 5 a.m. and headed for the bullet train for about a 2 ½ hour trip to “Kyoto” It was pretty cool riding on it that thing hauls and is so smooth and quiet. It got going pretty fast and it was hard to look out at anything because it was going by way too fast! I finally decided some sleep wouldn’t be so bad. We went to our hotel and checked in our bags; check in time wasn’t until 1 p.m.
Bullet train
Bullet train
Michael and I on the bullet train
Michael and Erik on the bullet train
Hotel Granvia Kyoto
Hotel lobby in Kyoto
Hotel in Kyoto
We started out today about 8:30 a.m. Our hotel was the nicest hotel I’ve stayed at in awhile. The bed was so comfortable and it had a big down comforter on it. We slept really great! It was called the “Hotel Grandvia Kyoto.” We walked over to the dome shopping and got some donuts and hot chocolate. It was nice and warm since it was raining today. Then we took the city bus over to the “Kiyomizu Temple” we walked up the hill towards the temple it was so cool. All the way up the hill were graves everywhere you looked it was amazing. When we turned around and looked behind us you could see the city of “Kyoto” and the “Kyoto tower” across from our hotel.
Hotel in Kyoto
Lunch in Kyoto
We walked over to the “Imperial Palace” to get reservations for the tour then started walking over to see the temples. We decided to stop and eat lunch before we walked on. We ate at McDonald’s. It was actually really good today!
Our Taxi in Kyoto
We decided that the map we had was not city blocks but more like neighborhoods and it would be a long walk there. We caught a taxi there. Our first stop was two temples and a very old cool grave yard.
Temple in Kyoto
We weren’t sure of the names of the temples because they are closed to get inside until April. Mike left the walking tour guide paper at the hotel! I hate that! There were some really good places it mentioned and it tells you all about what you are looking at. We will have to make sure we don’t forget it tomorrow! I think the first one was the “Nonen-in Temple” We did get to do a fast walk through of I think one of the main and larger temples; which was really really cool. We had to remove our shoes and walk around the whole thing and it was so cold my toes were about to freeze off. I didn’t get too many pictures of the inside because you weren’t supposed to take any pictures but I did get a few of the outside and a cool building way up behind it against the hill. We kind of had to hurry through because we had to catch a taxi again to get back to the “Imperial Palace” for the 2 p.m. tour.
Kyoto Temple
Michael and I on temple grounds in Kyoto
Insense burner on Kyoto Temple grounds
Temple in Kyoto
Temple grounds in Kyoto
Temple grounds in Kyoto
Thatched roof on Temple grounds in Kyoto
Erik and Michael on Temple grounds in Kyoto
Temple in Kyoto
Temple grounds in Kyoto
Temple grounds in Kyoto
Graveyard in Kyoto
Graveyard in Kyoto
Graveyard in Kyoto
Graveyard in Kyoto
Graveyard in Kyoto
Graveyard in Kyoto
Walls outside the Imperial Palace
Walls outside of the Imperial Palace
Michael and I inside the Imperial Palace
Imperial Palace
It was so cold out but I think a lot had to do with I was really tired by now too! The “Imperial Palace” was really cool. The Japanese really like the red and white plum trees the color to them means happiness and good fortune. There was a really neat picture of two of them together next to one of the buildings. I bet this place is beautiful in the spring and summer. After we went on the tour we went over to the “Kyoto” Craft Center.”
Imperial Palace
Imperial Palace
Imperial Palace
Imperial Palace
Inside Imperial Palace
Inside Imperial Palace
Mall inside our Hotel in Kyoto
This hotel is really nice. O.k. Mikes asleep now. We were pretty tired but I had to type this or everyday would seem to run together and I know I’d forget what we did what day. Good night. One more day in “Kyoto” tomorrow and we head back on the bullet train at about 3 p.m. and our last night we will stay in “Ginza”.
Kyoto Tower
Graveyard towards Temple
Graveyard towards Temple
Kiyomizu-Dera Cemetary
Kiyomizu-Dera Cemetary
Kiyomizu-Dera Pagoda roof
Kiyomizu-Dera Pagoda
Kiyomizu-Dera
Michael and I at Kiyomizu-Dera (Buddhist Temple)
Kiyomizu-Dera (school field trip)
School girls on a field trip
We came across a couple of schools who looked like they were on a field trip there. They were all in uniforms. Three young Japanese girls came up to us and were so excited they wanted to take our picture with them! They were so cute. They giggled the whole time. They thought it was cool to get a picture of them with some Americans.
Kiyomizu-dera
Michael and I on the Temple grounds
Pogoda on Temple grounds
Temple in Kyoto
Temple in Kyoto
Temple grounds
Erik making a wish for love
We walked over to a place that was for lovers like a lover’s lane. It had all kind of things and trinkets to pray about that had to do with love and finding a mate it was interesting.
Erik making a wish for love
Love Buddhist
Voodoo tree
Voodoo sign
Michael trying to lift solid steel on Temple grounds
Trying to lift solid steel on Temple grounds
Natural spring waters on Temple grounds
We walked up a hill and got a great look at the temple. On the way down the hill we stopped at a natural spring where drinking the water will bring you good luck. You could buy a Japanese cup for $2 and use it to drink the water then have the cup as a keepsake. The Japanese were all using the same cups…that’s ok I’ll pass on that one.
Natural spring waters
Natural spring waters
Natural spring waters
Fountain in Kyoto
Fountain in Kyoto
Fountain in Kyoto
"Rick Shaw"
"Rick Shaw" in shopping area around Temple
Castle in Kyoto
Castle moat
Castle moat
Side walls of castle
Top of castle walls
On top of castle wall
Castle door in Kyoto
Japan style "toliet squats" in the ground
Checking in in Ginza
We ate lunch at McDonald’s and walked back to the hotel to get our luggage and catch the bullet train back to “Tokyo.” We caught the train back about 3 p.m. and arrivered in “Tokyo” at 5:45. We checked into our hotel the Ginza Tobu hotel Renaissance Tokyo. We went to dinner. The hotel recommended it. It was pretty good. They would bring course after course to you. We went back to the hotel and packed and went to bed. We leave for home tomorrow afternoon.
Hotel lobby in Kyoto
Arriving back home in Seattle
Arriving back home in Seattle
This has really been a great experience for Michael and me. I have really enjoyed this trip and all the things I was able to see and experience. I am now totally impressed with the Japanese way of life. I love the United States and there is no place like home but there are so many things that I really think the Japanese people have a great grip on. Everything is so orderly and clean here. Of course I loved that. I will miss traveling until we can do it again. I love to be able to go places with Michael we have been very fortunate to be able to travel to the many places that we have. We really wish we could bring our kids to the places we have been it is such a great experience, maybe sometime in the future. There were so many times we would say to each other… “The kids would love this!” Well time to go. Good-bye from Tokyo!!


